Jon's poem, 'Naked' references this one that I wrote about four members of our little coterie. It is late to the party, I apologize.
Dear:
—katherine
I don't remember ever falling
in love with sunsets, like worry
it was always there. Yet the stop-light
moment frozen in amber
skylines over sloping hills, reminds
each of us that beginnings exists.
Even as the sunsets nurse
the seeds of our forgetting.
—jonathan
to prove that boys are giants
is to undress the lion, file his teeth
and show that naked, he is fiercest.
He is fiercest, who knows only
what is beautiful. I follow suit. Unloosening
the riff and the tie. Jon, I'm getting there.
—alesia
If all the poems died, I think we would
laugh and drink beer to bitterness.
We would dance in the ashes of old
worlds and in our caffeine fingers, pray
new ones. Not just poets, but makers
better than those titans before who
pried worlds from words. We are the word:
Logos. Thunder. Sound and Fury. Always.
—beatrice
The body, which is art electric, art persona; masks
secrets which long to be naked. Fuck
polite skins, tear them off - wear earrings in our
ears. The body is the poem, is the method
of the message. I have long learned that skin
is a form of silence in which things not said
become poems and poems and poems.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
still lovin it after all these hours
Post a Comment