you see these shackles, I’m your slave
through clawed talks, razor pony tail, braid,
I just keep losing my way.
No ring, no fucking promised day,
like booted soldiers, I take what I’ve got, this’ll
be my shackles, see, I’m your slave
again, like smoke to dirty lungs I stay
on my cute gold filter chain, though I bristle,
I just keep losing my way.
your wolf canines, vampiric, spay
my dick, of my throat render gristle,
you see these shackles? I’m your slave,
a copy atop normative copy on the day
you find me, pillow-shaped, forested, little,
just losing my way.
I am bitched, tamed, collar flayed
and screaming, blind through spittle,
you see these shackles, I’m your slave.
Can you help me find my way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's funny how even in the strict restraints of the villanelle (which, Jon, you rebel you, stretched semi-generously) our individual styles still came through. Except mine, I think. Mine was just a rhyming cop-out. The slant rhyme of gristle and little was way cool by the by.
For the record, I didn't say "usual" style. I said "individual style." Meaning, I could tell it was a Jon villanelle from a Bendi villanelle. But if you had thrown those poems in with a bunch of other random stuff, I would never have guessed any of it.
gotcha. misunderstood / was randomly too attached to a JT villanelle. all apologies.
Post a Comment