Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Assignment, Punks

Since no one is listening to my borrowed poem assignment, I have a new one. Write a villanelle!! Lord only knows I completely ignore everything old school. And I shouldn't. It's time to itch out of our comfort zones. I want to be a masquerader of the lyric, of the Imagists, and yes, even of the villanelle. And I want to rock it. And so do you ..?
Here's the real kicker though: the "refrain" has to be a line from JT's Futuresex/Lovesounds. So go forth: exploit, create, pun, riff the hell out of it...mine will be up oh so soon..

(for an extra sexytime, check out Dylan Thomas reading his very own villanelle)

4 comments:

Jon said...

I am utterly in love with you and your beautiful brain. I love it like a milkshake.

B. Barrett said...

I hate to be the whiner, but JT's lyrics suck at the bottoms of barrels.

Still, the assignment is fierce and I'm working on it.

bigscarygiraffe said...

there are some surprising lines though...but most of them come from TI or Timbaland

Jon said...

i can't believe how in love you are with timbaland. it's like you actually give him a break. the man famous for saying "hey baby, you and me, need to go to your teepee."